OFFENSIVE IMPROVEMENT CAMP
When: July 17-21, Monday-Friday
Time: 9 am - 3 pm
Players: Boys & Girls Grades K - 12
Location: Cole Middle School, 100 Cedar Ave, East Greenwich, RI
- Full Week: $250
- Day Rate: $60
- Sibling Discount: $50 off - week rate, $10 off - day rate
- Instruction will focus on individual as well as team offensive concepts. Individual skill instruction will concentrate on ball handling, 1 on 1 play, attacking the rim, and passing under pressure. Particular attention is given to proper shooting mechanics.
- Team concepts such as spacing, movement without the ball, screening and using screens, as well as creating opportunities for teammates will be stressed.
- 1 on 1 and 3 on 3 games will be played where players will be required to use the skills learned earlier in camp. Campers will leave camp with a greater basketball IQ and an in-depth understanding of offensive skills and strategies.
- Christina Batastini is the head instructor with over twenty year’s experience. She played and coached professionally in Europe, played for #1 ranked and NCAA Final Four team Stanford University, coached at Brown University, and was named a high school Parade and Nike All-American. She has a Masters in Education from Harvard University.
She is joined by Hope High School boy's varsity coach, David Nyblom, who is featured in New York Times best-selling author Bill Reynolds’ new book, Hope: a School, a Team, a Dream. Nyblom, who has over 35 years' experience coaching at the high school level, played college basketball at Norwich University.